Re: Carrington College
From: Patrick <patrick@desireecapuano.com>
To: Desiree Capuano <desiree.capuano@gmail.com>
Date: Sat, Jun 27 2015 10:13:40 am
Oh, I see now.  So Apollo was/is having serious financial problems and
doing yet more layoffs.  Is that what happened?  Were you let go?  Since
almost every company in Arizona does drug testing, I guess your options
were very limited.  I'm guessing Carrington doesn't do drug testing.
Based on their reputation I guess they'd have to be willing to accept
whoever would be willing to work for them (see
http://www.glassdoor.ca/Reviews/Carrington-College-Reviews-E341378.htm).
Not a lot of satisfied employees - low morale; low pay.

But it doesn't seem they actually have any Systems Analyst positions at
their Tucson campus.  Did you make a career change?

If it makes you feel any better, I too have just started a new
position.  With *****.  As a Senior Software Engineer, doing embedded
C/C++ (you know, that "outdated" language, as you once referred to it)
on their VoIP telephone systems.  It only pays $100K a year, though.  Oh
well, that's life, I guess.

Patrick