Re: The relevance of money in G*****'s desire to live with me
From: Patrick <patrick@desireecapuano.com>
To: Desiree Capuano <desiree.capuano@gmail.com>
Date: Sat, Jun 20 2015 4:43:14 pm
Desiree:

I think you're right - the $20/month I'm spending on the violin rental
for G***** to learn to play it is definitely spoiling him much more
than it is helping him to try new things (i.e. broadening his exposure),
and to discover the things he likes, enjoys, and wants to pursue.  In
case it is not clear: that entire sentence was completely sarcastic.  I
just taught him how to iron clothes (a practical skill that will
actually be useful in life) and right now he is practicing the violin.

In 2 and a half years with you he has done nothing but hang out with his
friends, and play video games.  Neither of which contributes to making
him a better, more well rounded person.  Please, please, please help me
to understand what you're claim that you're a good parent is based on.

This morning he made french toast using Challah bread that we picked up
at the Jewish deli.  Why have you never bothered to teach him to cook?
Do you not consider basic life skills relevant?

Patrick