Automobile accident
From: Patrick <patrick@desireecapuano.com>
To: Desiree Capuano <desiree.capuano@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, Jun 12 2015 10:22:41 am
Good morning, Desiree.

It seems to me you are still using the automobile accident that you were
involved in, on the 405, in July 2000, as the basis for G*****'s
premature birth (and the ROP that resulted from such premature birth),
and to gain people's pity.

I wish to review the facts so that we can put that matter to rest once
and for all.

1. Following the accident, paramedics arrived on the scene.  They
inspected you for possible injuries and found none.  You informed them
you were pregnant.  They performed further tests to ensure no harm to
the uterus and fetus.  No harm was found.  In their professional opinion
they did not believe it was necessary to bring you to the hospital for
further inspection and/or tests.

2. At that time we had Blue Cross PPO medical insurance, under a group
plan from the job I had with Fetch Technologies.  It is a very standard
policy of EVERY health insurance provider that, if an accident occurs
and there is even the slightest possibility of injuries then the
recipient MUST submit for medical tests.  That is because the cost of
the tests is only a fraction of the cost of the medical care that may
result if there are injuries and they are ignored.  So, obviously, Blue
Cross also did not consider your condition worthy of further testing.

3. If there was actually a uterine rupture, as you keep claiming, there
would have been other signs, which you would not have been able to
ignore, including abnormal heart rate in the fetus; abdominal pain;
vaginal bleeding; irritation to the diaghragm; and internal bleeding.
You had none of those symptoms.  If the paramedics had even the smallest
evidence to support the belief that there may have been a uterine
rupture (or any other damage/injury) then they would have taken you to
the hospital - especially since you were pregnant.

4. The police and insurance reports of the accident clearly state there
were no injuries to you.

5. After the accident, you walked away from it - literally!  You walked
to a payphone and called me at work to inform me of the accident.  You
insisted you were fine.  When I got home from work that evening you were
fine and not experiencing any discomfort.  If you had any type of
rupture or "tear" (as you keep calling it), you would have been very
uncomfortable.

6. Following the accident, you continued to attend your gynecologist,
who continued to do ultrasounds, and found no abnormalities.

7. A few weeks after the accident we had a substantial argument, wherein
I pointed out how "bad things" seemed to keep happening to you and how
that was causing us so many complications (namely financial).  You cried
and said you wanted us to go back to Phoenix so you could be close to
your mother...what with the pregnancy and all.  I told you I didn't want
to leave LA.  You locked yourself in the bathroom for some period of
time.  I eventually asked if you were okay.  You were crying and said
you were bleeding.  I brought you to the UCLA Medical Center on Carson
Street.  During the course of the many, repetitious questions from the
interns and residents, you admitted to them:
a) you had never been pregnant before;
b) you had never had an abortion before;
c) earlier that evening, you were upset about a fight we had had and had
been hitting yourself in the stomach;
d) you had been in a car accident a few weeks earlier.

8. It was determined that the cause of the bleeding was from hitting
yourself in the stomach earlier that evening.  The doctors referred you
to attend psychological counseling on an outpatient basis.  You said you
would, but of course, you never did.

9. After that stomach punching incident, you stopped attending your
gynecologist.

10. After that trip to the UCLA Medical Center I immediately agreed to
move back to Phoenix "so you could be close to your family" during the
pregnancy.

Now, what I would like from you is for you to deny these claims and call
me a liar.  I will then, gladly, post the medical, insurance, and police
reports to your website.  Yes, medical reports are confidential, but you
live in the "greatest country in the world", where anything can be
purchased!  Yay, America!

So, I will assume that the world (and G*****) will not be hearing any
more of that drivel from you that he was born premature and has ROP
because of a car accident.

Good day,
Patrick

P.S. I've BCC'd all of the relevant parties.