Re: Proof of service of declaration filed in the California proceedings
From: Patrick <patrick@desireecapuano.com>
To: Desiree Capuano <desiree.capuano@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, May 22 2015 6:28:25 am
Incorrect.  I stated my name is not "Richard" - I made no claim of
not being the party "named" in any court hearing.  That was an inference
on your part.  I did state I would not accept any mail addressed to
"Richard" because that is not my name and taking mail addressed to
another person without that person's consent is illegal.  I made no
reference to reading any such documents - only to accepting them.

Attempting to serve a party using a name other than their legal name
does not meet the requirements of service of process under California or
Arizona law.  For example, suppose you decided to change your name back
to Tomlin (as any decent person would do after getting divorced), then
if I tried to serve you under the name Capuano and you informed me of
such, then the mail got returned to me because there is no one at your
address with the name Capuano - then I would not have made a reasonable
effort to attempt to serve you.  If the serving party is not aware of
the other party's legal name then that's a different story - as long as
they make every reasonable effort to effect service.  Since you know my
legal name is Patrick, then attempting to serve me as Richard
does not fulfil the requirement of "reasonable effort".

Please read some law books or consult someone who know what they're
talking about.

Patricl