Re: Resolution Statement
From: Patrick <patrick@desireecapuano.com>
To: Desiree Capuano <desiree.capuano@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, May 15 2015 2:43:23 pm
Go here: http://kepler.sos.ca.gov/
And enter "solar onyx development" as the corporation name.  Ah, darn,
see that?  There is no requirement in the US that you have to be a US
citizen, or even living in the US, to own a business in the US.  And, of
course, I have an EIN (employer identification number, or tax ID number)
for the corporation.  So, again, what is the big deal about having US
citizenship?

Do you realize, that since I have legal proof of both US *and* Canadian
citizenship, I enjoy the best of both worlds?  When it's beneficial for
me I use my US citizenship and when it beneficial I use the Canadian
citizenship.  You can stick with your story that I'm not a US citizen,
but the rest of the world accepts my proof of citizenship just fine and
I don't see how I'd benefit in any way by convincing you, anyway.
Whether DHS or ICE or any US courts want to consider me Canadian or
American is of little consequence to me. Since I'm not living IN
America, and have little interest in going back there, then their
insistence that I'm not a US citizen (if they actually did still insist
that) works in my favor - it means they have absolutely no authority
over me.  They cannot touch my non-US bank accounts; they cannot force
me to return to the US (there's no way the Canadian government would
force me to leave Canada); any injunctions they would issue against me,
like, for example to take down your website, are completely unenforceable.

So, I don't know, I mean, it seems you're pretty misguided in your
belief that you're somehow in a better position on that citizenship thing.

Patrick