Re: Resolution Statement
From: Patrick <patrick@desireecapuano.com>
To: Desiree Capuano <desiree.capuano@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, May 15 2015 2:16:58 pm
I do have a question, though, about a statement you made in paragraph
1.  You said:

    "...has been living in Canada since June 2013 after having being
    [sic] deported as he is not a United States citizen."

What is the legal relevance of that statement?  I'm unclear what being
deported or what not being a US citizen has to do with whether or not a
marriage was/is legal.

Why is it that you're so hung up on this thing about being a US
citizen?  Other than being able to make a lot of money, is there
anything really appealing about being in the US?  And as for the money
thing, I don't need to be in the US to perform billable work for US
companies.  I have a California corporation through which I perform work
for US companies and get paid in US dollars, so the issue of money is
not really an issue.  Also, one does not have to be a "citizen" to
reside in the US, if there are actually other benefits of being in the
US (which, frankly, I'm unable to think of any).

Do you realize that most of the things people (including US citizens)
believe about the US are not actually true?  It's NOT the land of the
free - there is more personal freedom in Canada and most European
countries, than in the US.  The taxes aren't any lower in the US than in
Canada.  There are more career opportunities, but as I pointed out
above, that's moot because anybody in the world can incorporate a
business in the US and use that as a vehicle to "work" in the US.  You
only need to be a US citizen (or have a work visa) to be an employee of
a company you don't own.

Did you know in Canada: There is no law against the use of any drug.
Prostitution is not illegal.  The drinking age is 18 or 19 (depending on
which province).  You don't have to take your belt and shoes off to get
on a plane.  You don't need a photo ID and a credit card to rent a hotel
room.  There is no equivalent of an I9 form. You don't need to show ID
when you start a job.  You don't need to show proof of
citizenship...well, ever, really (unless you're requesting government
assistance).  They allow dual citizenship (if you want that).  They
never put all the Japanese descendants in "detention camps" during
WWII.  They don't have anything like immigration detention facilities -
if you're in the country illegally they just ask you to leave, if you
don't then so what. They don't send drones to foreign countries to blow
up children and innocent bystanders who just happened to be in the area
at the wrong time.  The government doesn't freeze people's assets based
on "suspicion" of wrongdoing.  A Canadian can go anywhere in the world
and not be despised for the actions of their government.  In Vancouver
you can go anywhere, at any time of the day or night and never worry
about being attacked - in 2013 (the most recent data) there were only 6
homicides in Vancouver
(http://www.vancitybuzz.com/2014/02/vancouver-violent-crime-rate-continues-drop/).

So, REALLY, what is so great about being a US citizen?  I know all you
"Yay, America" types think it's so great, but I honestly don't see what
the basis of your belief is.  Do you?

So, please, can you tell me even 1 single benefit of being a US citizen
as opposed to, say, a Canadian citizen?  Or to living in the US as
opposed to, say, Canada?  I'm pretty sure you can't so I won't await
your response.