Re: More of what I know
From: Patrick <patrick@desireecapuano.com>
To: Desiree Capuano <desiree.capuano@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, May 11 2015 11:23:29 am
Desiree:

You're incorrect (again).  Annoyance is not an emotion.  It is a mental
state characterized by irritation and distraction.  Annoyance can lead
to frustration and anger (anger can be considered an emotion).
Annoyance is a potential cause of an emotion (or emotional state) - it
is not, itself, an emotion.  For more information you can refer to

        https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Annoyance

But you bring up a good point:  you insistence that "annoyance" is an
emotion, when it's actually the *cause* (or more specifically, catalyst)
of an emotional response, is unequivocal proof that you are incapable of
distinguishing a cause from an effect - just as I had stated you are, a
few days ago.  Thank you for proving my point.

I also point out that the term "feeling" uses, in it's definition, the
term "emotion", which uses in it's definition, the term "feeling".  That
is a circular reference.  You do know what a circular reference is,
right?  You do understand that if two terms (whether in diction or in
math) depend on each other such that they create a circular reference
then neither term can ever actually be resolved.  Wasn't logic covered
in your bachelors curriculum?