Another backfired plan?
From: Patrick <patrick@desireecapuano.com>
To: Desiree Capuano <desiree.capuano@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, Jan 28 2015 7:42:03 am
Desiree:

Here's what I don't understand: Why would you be so adamant about
keeping somebody with you who so obviously does not want to be with
you?  You can't say it's because your his parent and you want to be a
good parent and raise him properly, because you basically just provide
him room and board.  You don't fulfill ANY of your parental duties - you
don't provide him guidance or psychological support; you don't provide
him life teachings; you don't provide him the benefit of your own life
experiences so that he won't make the same mistakes you have.  He learns
more about life and about how to handle things in the 1 and 2 week
visits with me than in the 2 years he's been with you.  You don't
provide him with adequate medical and dental care - even though it
doesn't cost you anything.  So, no, you can't use that as your basis.

The only reason remaining is that you want him there, with you, because
you are trying to use that as a way to adversely affect me. But that's
kind of silly (on your part) since I don't believe in, and therefore
don't experience, emotions.  I cannot be adversely affected by such
actions.  My interest in parenting is a matter of duty and moral
obligation - not a misguided sense of emotion.  And by forcing him to
stay with you you are absolving me of that obligation; freeing me to
pursue my own endeavours.  But then, I guess you should be used to your
plans backfiring on you by now, huh?

Patrick