Re: G*****'s gifts
From: Patrick <patrick@desireecapuano.com>
To: Desiree Capuano <desiree.capuano@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, Dec 24 2014 8:22:38 am
Good morning, Desiree.

I'm not sure you have the right to take away gifts which I provide to
G***** and hide them away somewhere.  If you are going to do so, I
strongly recommend you send them back to me.  I'm speaking, of course,
from a legal persepctive.  I insist you either give them back to G*****
or send them back to me.

May you, also, please explain what "that's on him" means?  I'm not
familiar with the term.  I tried to look it up but it seems it's some
kind of colloquialism, common primarily amongst the lower echelons of
society.  In that respect, it does seem appropriate for you to use it.
Does it mean "it's his responsibility"?  Or "it's his fault"?  And, if
that's the case, it seems obtuse that you would state it's G*****'s
responsibility or fault that he lost the item in question, but you
refuse to allow him to be responsible and rectify the situation by
replacing the stolen item.  And much more so, how can you say it's his
fault that something was stolen from him?  Surely, that can't be the
intended meaning of idiom - then again, it IS you.  Please clarify.  Thanks.

Patrick