Re: Telephone call
From: Patrick <patrick@desireecapuano.com>
To: Desiree Capuano <desiree.capuano@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, Dec 21 2014 8:35:08 am
Desiree:

I'm still waiting for you to tell me which document(s) you believe are
falsified.  The PAL?  The birth certificate?  Hey, maybe it's the
temporary travel document issued by the Canadian Consulate for the
purpose of removal from the US - the thing that you accepted as a basis
to allow G***** to come on this visit.

Funny thing about THAT document: I told the Canadian Consulate, while I
was in ICE custody, that I make no claim of being that person and I
openly declared I'm NOT that person; I admitted to them that I applied
for, and obtained the previous passport in that name using false
information (again, statute of limitations had expired so I didn't
care).  And they said they believed I am the person named on the
passport because the US government has already proven I am, so they
issued the travel document for the purpose of deportation.  But the US
government's "proof" that I'm that person consisted of the prosecutor
showing the passport to the jury and saying "that's his picture and his
signature" and me (and my attorney) saying nothing...no argument in
response.  I didn't say I was or wan't.  So, it was purely by
implication that the US government "proved" I was that person.  Once
again, we see the power of letting people assume things...and choosing
to remain silent rather than correcting them.  What a wonderful legal
system we have:).