Re: Motion for alternative service
From: Patrick <patrick@desireecapuano.com>
To: Desiree Capuano <desiree.capuano@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, Dec 10 2014 9:50:12 am
Good morning, Desiree.

I'm sorry but I cannot accommodate your request to be put in touch with
the Richard, whose identity I had assumed in the early 90s and
used until coming to Canada where they refused to allow me to continue
using it, because, to the best of my knowledge, he is deceased.

I presume, however, the matter to which you refer is our marriage, and
your most recent petition for dissolution of such marriage.  You may be
able to argue that since I used the name Richard on the marriage
license, and that was not my legal name at the time, that the license
was void - I believe the parties to a marriage license are required to
provide their true, legal names.  Then again, under California and U.S.
law at that time, my use of the name Richard did meet all legal
requirements.  It was only after the passing of the PATRIOT Act that the
legal name requirements were changed.

Nevertheless, I thank you for responding and for finally acknowledging
that my name is actually Patrick.

Patrick